Saturday, May 15, 2010

Watching the 'flapper', A reflection of the heart!

I often remember something a special friend/brother in Christ (Ed) would remind his class/audience. He brought out the warning from God regarding our words via the tongue. As my friend Ed would say, ‘the thing that flaps between our gums’. From it can come beautiful tones of kindness, love, encouragement, respect, praise, etc. Unfortunately, much harm, negativity, disrespect, and abomination too. Look at these passages; Proverbs 15:4, "The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." Proverbs12:18, "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." James 3:5b-6a, "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body." Even when ‘joking around’(my struggle), I must be careful/vigilant. Remember what it says in Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." My friends, our words and thoughts are reflective of our hearts. Yes, even unspoken thoughts must be dealt with. I may not say something that is in my mind, but it’s in my heart. I may spare someone of hearing these thoughts, but God knows. I need the Spirit of Christ in my mind/thoughts/speech. I must flee Satan’s constant pull. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment