Monday, June 14, 2010

Friends and Enemies

"But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you" Luke 6:27-28. We tell our children to choose friends carefully-true friendships are not in abundance. While most of us have many friends-we do not nurture them into trusting relationships. We must be vigilant of those who outwardly express sincerity, yet have other deceptive motives. I've heard the term “frenemies” to describe such people. While our friendship choices are critical, Satan is the ultimate deceiver/enemy. He comes masked as a friend, however, he seeks to steal, kill and destroy our Spirit. Beware! "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour"- I Peter 5:8. I wonder, is it easier to discern a ‘friends’ sinful influence or the enticement from Satan himself? We have all probably heard the phrase,'keep your friends close, your enemies closer'. We read in Proverbs 27:6, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy." Also in Proverbs 27:17, "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." I must ask myself, Am I faithful, accountable, and encouraging to my friends? May God help me to become the kind of friend to others..... that I long to have. May I allow Jesus to mold and equip me to be a true friend to others while glorifying God. We could all probably admit that we often times take our friends(and family) for granted! Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment