Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sowing

I read a passage from Psalm (126:6) which says, ‘He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. Some thoughts came to mind. When and why do I typically sow? It is much easier when things are going well to be more servant focused and joyfully sowing seeds for the Lord’s kingdom. What about during trials/difficulties? I don’t know about you, but for me it is very tempting to be self-centered at those times, looking inward causing deficiencies in serving and sowing- especially with joy! This passage reminds us that we can and should still sow with joy and reap a harvest of joy for our God and Savior, others and ourselves…….even when accompanied by weeping due to troubles/sorrow. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the tendency to be self centered during trials. Exactly where I am right now. Thanks for writing these words and reminding me to do otherwise.

    ReplyDelete