Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thievery- guilty by omission!

A thief, surely not I! Usually, we relate sin by something we do/have done(often times this is accurate). Can we sin by something we 'do not do'? We certainly can. Malachi 3:6-18 addresses a sin of omission. By financial unfaithfulness in tithes and offerings, we(I) rob God and in this passage, the Israelites were cursed. Unfaithful giving has a severe domino effect. Ministries are not adequately funded-outreach and missionary efforts diminished-those to receive aid are reduced, some perhaps denied being shared the Gospel. My hope and prayer is that this economic downturn will allow all of us to reevaluate how we handle our finances-be more prudent, the stewards God calls us to be with the things He has entrusted us with. Where on the list is my giving? How does it compare to vacations, new ‘things’? Luke 12:24 is a very humbling passage. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.” Another suggested passage is 1 Tim.6:17-19. I challenge myself and all to take a financial self inventory regularly to see where your(my) heart is. I have failed especially during my extended unemployment. I need to be bold, trusting-He has provided as He promises. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment