Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Broken.....but not defeated

Brokenness, although painful, is one of God's means of showing His all-surpassing power in our lives. A disciplinary way of refining us/challenging our faith. I have experienced what seems like a domino effect of major trials within a short period of time. Totally unexpected, but when are trials of a convenience nature. We will all experience trials-yet we possess treasures from our God and He loves us so much. When we look through scripture, we see that we contain peace (Philippians 4:7), the forgiveness of sins, redemption, the riches of God's grace (Ephesians 1:7), joy (John 15:11) and the resurrection power of Christ (Philippians 3:10). Even in our imperfections and brokenness-God loves us and will use willing servants. I like the saying that God uses ordinary folks for extraordinary results. A song that I like is title Broken, by a group known as Seether. Part of the chorus says this; ‘Because I'm broken when I'm open--And I don't feel like I am strong enough -- 'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome--And I don't feel right when you're gone away.  Our God is strong enough-He will make us strong. He will not leave us/go away.   Broken-crushed-injustices-hurting……absolutely……but still a blessed life full of hope from our Almighty God. Blessings in your pursuit……TO

No comments:

Post a Comment