Thursday, October 13, 2011

Available and Obedient

I loathe the thought of this, but if I’m honest, I must confess that I probably have practiced Convenience Christianity’ too often.  Is God really first or do I schedule Him around life/things?  We live in a demanding ‘me’ society, taking care of numero uno, do what feels right and when!  May God grant me mercy as I have confessed/repented of not taking a firm stand for God and conforming to the world with a tolerant attitude.  1 Corinthians 16:13 says, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.  Also, we see in Isaiah 7:9, If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.  Romans 12:2 tells us not to conform to the world-my translation-Don’t be tolerant, but bold and courageous for Christ.  God demands a life of total surrender, we cannot straddle the fence(Matt 6:24) and be obedient when we choose-when it’s convenient.  Christians must be available, willing to serve 24/7, that is why we are here, the reason God created us.  I am part of His body in the 21st century to share the good news of Christ-obediently/faithfully.   I must ask myself, ‘Am I willing and open to God’s will/purpose for my life?  Thus, being available and obedient!  Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment