Saturday, June 8, 2013

Not Us


We are daily inundated with the ‘I/Me’ focus in our present day societal culture.  If not circumspect in our attitude, we can easily be duped into the fallacy that we can do anything ourselves……..our efforts/merit.   We also tend to view life events in terms of ‘what’s in it for me’!  Many passages in God’s Word show us to think less of self and more of others.  Deuteronomy. 8:17-18 warns of an egocentric heart- You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me."  But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. The true source is not us……..but our Awesome God.  He gives freely, He loves abundantly.  As we journey through this life, perhaps our mindset should be, ‘what’s in it(my life) for the Lord’!  Am I recognizing the source of blessings(children, faithful spouse, jobs, life needs, church, etc)?  Do I honor God in my actions with all He entrusts to me?  Recognize, Trust, Honor, Praise, and Give Thanks daily to our faithful God.  Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment