Friday, August 9, 2013

Entitled or Entrusted


I occasionally listen to talk radio in an attempt to keep abreast of current events.  What is disheartening though is that controversy and argumentative discourse is the norm.  Whether it be from listeners calling in or from the host, I cannot help but feel as though most people believe we are entitled  to wealth, health, satisfaction to all needs/wants, etc.  The truth is that while certain rights were drawn up in our Constitution and have endured throughout our history, we are not promised or guaranteed such a life.  What we do  have-which is usually an abundance here in America, are blessings from our Almighty God.  He has entrusted these to us for the purpose of serving others and to praise and glorify our God.  Luke 12: 48b says, “From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.  Luke 16:1-15 illustrates on being good stewards of what God provides.  The challenge that I must battle is what attitude am I showing to those around me when life is not dealing the cards I think I am ‘entitled’ to?  Do others here me complaining, doubting, being negative?  Or do I, no matter the circumstances, display thankfulness for the blessings I have been entrusted with?  Do I demonstrate trust and obedience to God during the storms.  This is another constant battle that I struggle with especially with the entitlement tone which seems to inundate our daily lives and society. The good news, God is faithful in His promises to the obedient.   Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment