Sunday, July 10, 2022

Struggling with God's Will?


There have been times I have earnestly prayed for God to show me His will for what He made me to do/be.  I have prayed for the job He wants me in, where geographically he wants me, what congregation to worship with/be involved at, and probably a host of other requests.  I came across an article the one day that has changed my outlook.  While it is perfectly normal to ask and seek answers from our God through prayer, are these petitions reflective of my will or God’s?  1 Thes. 5:16-18 says; "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".  WOW!  I am guilty of wanting/perhaps demanding direct answers and guidance to specific prayer requests to God.  Yes, we should ask.  But my response should be to be joyful and thankful no matter the circumstance and/or answer and continue to pray and trust.  Prayer is our 24/7 hotline to God.  It keeps us connected to our rock/refuge/comforter.  Giving thanks helps take the focus off the trials and allows more time to enjoy the blessings God has provided.  So, no matter where I work or live, what career or potential spouse we (or our children)choose, and any other important choices-God’s will is to be thankful, prayerful and cultivate joy.  I sometimes fret over making the ‘right’ choice.  Instead, my goal now is to pray for guidance, use all available resources in making decisions, then trusting God, and getting to the understanding that sometimes there are no ‘right or wrong’ choices-but just multiple options.  That means the pressure of making the exact right decision, or else entirely missing God's will, is off.  And that's one thing we can give God thanks for today!  Blessings in your pursuit…….TO


No comments:

Post a Comment