Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are you a character, or do you exemplify character?

I'm certain that I've been a character at times(ask my family or friends). I like to goof off and be a "big kid" at times and I believe that has it's place and can be therapeutic-everyone has their way to unwind. Hopefully though, it is with character. Just like any daily activities, we should strive to live Christlike, full of enriching qualities. I know, that's just not "cool" sometimes. However, we are called to be different, not to conform to the world. The world is filled with many types of characters-good and bad. Character is distinguished with qualities such as honesty, courage, integrity, respect, and honor. One disheartening aspect of today is diminishing core values. Respect and courtesy seems to be often replaced with blame and indifference. We live in the "I" society, we are too busy. When is the last time you heard, "Yes ma'am/sir, a sincere thank you/greeting". Yes, it happens. However, it does not seem to be a common/natural way of life anymore. I think one of the best things we can teach our kids/young ones is respectfulness, love one another.....basically, teach them to be of character. Guess what? Don't forget that these little eyes and ears are observing/hearing us! What are we teaching/demonstrating in our actions? I strive to be of character, I do fail at times. Thank God for his patience/love. I challenge myself and all who may read this to continually allow God to mold us into His likeness/image.......blessings in your pursuit. TO

No comments:

Post a Comment