Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fired up!

When I think of fire, I see insurmountable destruction, unbearable heat and of course a nice wiener roast during a crisp/cool autumn evening. I had a kitchen fire in my first house, there was damage and also inconvenience(one of my favorite rooms, that's where the chocolate/sweets are located....well, food in general). Where was I, oh, after the remodeling was complete, there was a beautiful, quaint, little kitchen. When something is exposed to fire, the usual result-something is destroyed. God shows us further what results from fire. Malachi 3: 2-3 makes reference to the effect on precious metals (such as silver in this passage) when exposed to fire. Purification of the silver results. I don't like the "fires of life", you probably do not either. They are not enjoyable, the question is... do we truly trust God and have the faith to let Him mold us. Our impurities can be set free when we've been "fired up" through trials during our life journey. Only through exposure to the heat, can we become pure(not perfect of course) through Jesus Christ. We are sinful by nature, God will cleanse/purify if we allow Him through our obedience. Is it a challenge and a constant battle during these "fires"?....you bet. My natural reaction is to complain, feel overwhelmed, doubt and question God. That is how Satan wants me to act. I'm anxiously waiting for the day God reels out the fire hose and puts the current fires in my life to rest- to see the refinement He has in store. I'm trying to improve at praising Him during the good and difficult times, always giving glory to God. Let's share each others burdens and pray for one another. Blessings in your pursuit. TO

1 comment:

  1. No discipline at the time is pleasant, but we accept and endure hardship AS discipline. Hang in there man! :)

    Grace & Peace,
    Steve Kenney

    ReplyDelete