Friday, March 19, 2010

Playing it Safe?

In the parable on the talents(Matt. 25:14-30), we see what God expects from our attitudes and effort in life. Two of the servants put forth effort and took chances to produce for their master-lived by faith/trust. The other one played it safe, cautious….thus lacked the faith/trust that God expects. These results demonstrate each one’s effort/attitude. For two of them, their talents increased/doubled. The other still had just the one talent given as he hid it in the ground. Further in the same chapter(Matt 25:35-46) we learn that unless we actively serve(the hungry, thirsty, naked, imprisoned, etc.) in a selfless way and not expecting rewards/pats on back/being seen by others, we are playing it safe and not being bold.
The question that is pulling at my heart is, ‘How am I playing in my faith/Christian walk?’ I have to admit for most of my life I have let my introverted/reserved/quiet demeanor control my life. I have not been bold for my Almighty God. Instead, trying to get by and being content going to church and being a good person. I ask God to forgive me when I cowardly and passively shy away from sharing the most precious gift-Jesus Christ. So, ‘How are you playing?’ Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment