Friday, April 2, 2010

Who is my neighbor?

Galatians 5:14, The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Wow! Easy? Perhaps-sometimes. Whom do you think of when you think your neighbor? That is the compelling question. I will suggest that it should not be just those that are close to us, but all we come in contact with-especially the poor/needy. Matt. 10:42 says, "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." Deut. 15:11 says, "There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore, I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Why does my heart harden for those in need as geographic distance increases-the temptation of situations and needs becoming impersonal/indifferent can arise. That is not the love that God demonstrates. If all people are important to God-why should I act any differently. “Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God”-World Vision founder, Bob Pierce. Does this change the paradigm of ‘your neighbor’? It has mine-now I am challenged to live it. Blessing in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment