Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Deficiency.......God's Sufficiency

In Exodus 4:10-12, Moses uses what he deems a deficiency as a reason that  perhaps God should choose another to carry out the mission Moses was called to perform.  My guess is, we have all did the very same during our lives- I am guilty.  Whether it be a leadership roll, actively sharing Jesus with others, Bible class teacher, public prayer, etc., I have allowed my quiet (somewhat introvert) personality to hinder my growth/obedience.  As in the great examples of Moses, David, Zacchaeus Saul/Paul........and many others, being adept and possessing the ideal qualities are not a pre-recquisite for serving God.  I like the apropos phrase that states, God uses ordinary individuals to achieve extraordinary results.  We must learn and mature to the point of taking the focus off our limitations (deficiencies) and trusting/relying on God's all sufficient power. 
Where I struggle/lack, God succeeds!
Where I am weak, God is strong! 
Being a faithful follower of our Creator requires us to trust Him and at times leave our comfort zones.  We must place our fears, doubts, insecurities, deficiencies into God's hands.  We must always be cognitive of how our actions and attitudes will shape our children, spouses, other family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.  Am I/Are you the courageous/godly being that God has called each of us to be?  Let's challenge one another to loosen the grip on our insecurities/deficiencies and embrace God's power (Philippians 4:13).   Blessings in your pursuit.......TO

No comments:

Post a Comment