Sunday, August 21, 2022

Shaken but not Broken!

At times, I have felt that abiding peace in the midst of uncertain circumstances. I have relearned the practice of true childlike faith when I don't know what's coming next, and yes, it can be a struggle/challenge.  I’m trying to simply trust. My faith has been shaken but not broken. I realize more now than ever that sometimes each of us needs a shake (in this context, not the milk kind-although that sounds pretty good), otherwise complacency can become our dwelling place. God uses trials to make Himself more real and reachable to us than He was before. Hebrews 12:6-7,  Because the Lord disciplines those he loves  and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?  A pathway to a new place we could never have reached if things had stayed the way they were! God uses everything in our lives to draw us closer to Him-even the bad stuff. Situations we never would choose- trials that shake us, that leave us different than before. May we never equate the trials/struggles we face with how God feels about us. He is not indifferent and does hear our prayers. He deeply loves us----always, and that is our ultimate victory! In the end we can be certain of these promises: we will find Him faithful, we will find Him true, we will see what He has done and marvel at His ability to use everything and waste nothing. Isaiah 42:16 says, ‘ I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.’ Read Romans 8:28 and Hebrews 12:11 again. God works for the good of those that love Him.  Discipline is a large part of love......just as a loving parent instructs/nurtures their children.  Sometimes we say yes, others no.....or at least, 'not now'.   As reflected in the poem ‘Footprints’, God does not leave the faithful. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment