Friday, October 2, 2009

Personal Construction Site

Have you ever thought of yourself as a construction site? We are God's vessels here on Earth. Our bodies are his Living Temple. How/what is the maintenance plan? Just like a new building, things typically look good with few problems early on. Still yet, little things need attention so that larger issues do not develop later. There are some remarkable looking landmarks in this world, however, some may appear in order from the outside, but in need of work on the inside. Outer beauty is great, however, temporary(although technology has advanced so as to prolong to an extent). It it is the inward allure that can endure for a lifetime. Yet, sometimes we spend more effort on the external appearance than internal. We as humans can not truly know the inner psyche of one another. We certainly do a good job of masking it at times towards others. God knows, we will not deceive Him. It is vital that we share our burdens(with others and with God) and not keep them inside, building up to the point of possible destruction of our vessel. Our outer and inner being when properly maintained is key for our spiritual, physical and psychological wellness. One of my favorite hymns is "Purer in Heart, O God". That is the inner goal we should strive for as we are commanded by God.... Purer in heart, O God, help me to be;May I devote my life wholly to Thee:Watch Thou my wayward feet,Guide me with counsel sweet;Purer in heart, help me to be.Purer in heart, O God, help me to be;Teach me to do Thy will most lovingly;Be Thou my Friend and Guide,Let me with Thee abide;Purer in heart, help me to be.Purer in heart, O God, help me to be;Until Thy holy face one day I see:Keep me from secret sin,Reign Thou my soul within;Purer in heart, help me to be. Excuse me as I depart to perform more personal construction. Blessings in your pursuit. TO

No comments:

Post a Comment