Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Christ-centered M.O.

M.O.- Latin for Modus operandi and is defined as the method of operating/functioning, habits, mannerisms. For too long I operated as if I was in control, looking at Earthly means for a successful life. Looking back, I have focused on measuring up to/trusting in the temporary items that make up life here. Of course there are inevitable Earthly components that are needed for existence. We need to give the glory to the source and not in the material objects. I believe God wants us to enjoy life on Earth. True happiness comes from a Christ-centered life(M.O). Herein lies the purpose of our existence. I must constantly ask myself, am I living for myself, or for my Creator, Savior, Redeemer. We can serve our Lord and others as well as take time for ourselves. Life happens and there are trials/struggles, while not enjoyable, there is great value and learning from them. I am trying to improve on being mindful of my priorities and asking a few basic questions: Is God truly first in my life?, How do I spend my time(time management), What am I living for? As I’m getting older(hopefully wiser too), I realize time is precious, you cannot save or re-live it(wouldn’t that be nice at times?). Perspectives and priorities are changing. My goal is to not waste a minute of the time God gives me here, to be pro-active, and make a positive impact on those whose lives I am a part of. There is much work to be accomplished. I look forward to developing a more Christ-centered M.O. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment