Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Comparative Tendencies

Have you ever fantasized about being someone else? Perhaps a favorite athlete, or another celebrity. Probably most of us have. We are inundated with products, advertisements, entertainment revolving around appearance, status, wealth, etc. I find myself at times comparing myself to others, usually by means of looks and/or possessions? Why do we spend precious time with these matters? I don’t know for certain-human nature I guess. I do know that Satan is actively trying to sway our focus from Godliness to self. God created each one of us-We are all special in God’s sight. We should be more concerned about what our Almighty God thinks of us, and less on others opinions. More time/energy on serving others, less on self. We should stay in shape, eat right, take proper care of ourselves, etc.-All good things. The challenge is to be happy with ourselves, be who we are-each one special. There is a song that I like called, “Specialty” the chorus says, 'Bout time you realized You are a specialty There is no one like you, Spend your life worrying 'Bout what you could have been Can't you like being you. Scripture teaches us the same. We read in Ephesians 2:10: "For I am God's beautiful masterpiece. He has created me anew in Christ Jesus, so I can do the good things He planned for me long ago." Just some thoughts on one of life’s challenges that can easily consume us. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO

No comments:

Post a Comment