Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Original GPS

Many folks by now have one or have used a GPS. Another technological wonder tool(maps were OK, however with more limitations). I can easily get lost in unfamiliar territory. Thus, what comfort to have access to an immediate guide. I believe the same holds true spiritually. I like to think of a spiritual GPS for guidance, comfort, peace, hope, love and salvation. This GPS could have many names such as: 1) God’s Plan of Salvation. 2) Grace, Peace & Savior. 3) God is my Personal Savior. 4) God, the Power Source. 5) God’s Perfect Son.
Yes, we also have immediate access to the ultimate GPS with obedience to God and through Jesus Christ. One caveat is that we have a tendency to not use this precious gift effectively. Seeking out the spiritual GPS in times of suffering and neglecting during the “good times” seems to be a human inclination. A favorite theme from “Facing the Giants” is, we will give God the glory, win or lose. Also, from a Casting Crowns song comes the phrase, I will praise you in the storm. I need constant self examination to keep focus, and to trust God ALWAYS during good times, the struggles and when I’m off course/lost and in need of my spiritual GPS. Blessings in your pursuit…….TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment